Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy new year to myself...

The night seems long and unwinding.
I toss around reaching out to shadows and ghosts.
Imagination of friends, strangers, soulmates;
That were, could be,or just exist in my mind.

My fists still empty as they were.
My eyes still searching.
My heart still numb.
My soul wiped out.

I embrace the new year - stoic and alone.
Alone! and not lonely.
I promise myself many more nights,
Searching? Yes! Hoping? Maybe not!


Cheers and Happy new year to myself..

7 comments:

A-Muse said...

aaah Pensive! such a 'pensive' note to start the year on...:)

And the drama is yet
begining to unfold;
sit back and enjoy
this journey on roads untold...

big hugg,kiddo.

Vishysblue said...

Happy New Year to you...You are not ALONE !!

Vishysblue said...

do checkout ma blog at vishysblue.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

'Pensive' indeed.

Happy new year sweetie.

Anonymous said...

PATIENCE my dear! ;-)

Anonymous said...

u are some heavy writer...wanna try serious writing?

Chatter Box said...

[anonymous]: Hey thanks for the appreciation. Been dabbling with the idea of writing a play for a while.