Thursday, November 19, 2009

What is it that I seek

Its been maddening days with travel, work, weddings and a lot more happening at a pace that does not let me even experience it in totality. I am sure I will pause one of these days and look back and be surprised at how much has happened and how time has gone by. I am sure I will be left echoing to myself the constant question about what is it that I seek. Why is there this constant urge to pace through life and yet stand still trying to find answers.

I am in Hongkong and hope I can take some time off and explore the city. Met cousins after long time and painted the roads of Indore red. I enjoyed my second class travel, meeting people from Madhya Pradesh who I think have no characteristic feature distinguishing them when you look at them. They are best at merging. I met agriculture and seed sales men listening to Altaaf Raja like songs going on a weekend team outing to Delhi which seemed to be their high point. I was able to get off a station and have Poha and Jalebi sweetened like it was influenced from Gujrat. I heard Malwiya which cannot sound good unless you chewing on paan. I sipped on juice made of "paan" and met a girl from Chattisgarh who spends 6 months in Japan and yet was just how she was in Chattisgarh. These people I met had a strong character, a personality so distinct and yet so familiar and ordinary. Each one had an ambition and each one had to deal with reality which is so much more easier to feel than the ones I keep in my mind. Their reality was about experience and mine about thoughts.I have had so many experiences, conversations, observations and realized my heart is still not in fancy restaurants or meeting rooms. It is really here amidst noise, people and the raw. I wish to experience more and I guess for now at least that is what I seek.

2 comments:

Soumya BJ said...

"...and realized my heart is still not in fancy restaurants or meeting rooms. It is really here amidst noise, people and the raw." ---- Dittto I feel :)

Chatter Box said...

@Somu: Hey thanks for dropping by. yeah its true though that at times all we focus on seems pointless and its other things that give u a different joy!