Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Of Bars and Himalayas

They say that bang at the stroke of midnight come either devious thoughts or obvious thoughts. I wonder why my mind wandered about a dream I recently had. A bar - everyone happy, dancing, merry, stoned, unstrung almost like everyone belonged there and didnt belong anywhere at the same time. The music played a mix of retro, rock, jazz and African classical beats. There was a character to this bar, almost like every corner was a different person, a different place. It was a place however intending to liberate and free most of us to no where.

The host, seemed to know exactly what a seeking me would seek on a Saturday night just as well as she knew what the painter would want to drink after working on a landscape he was struggling to create for a while now. All came together urging me to lose myself in the joy and illusions only to head back to the Himalayas for an ablution from a sinful evening. (Was it?) or to understand why rivers actually did flow downwards (gravity cannot be the answer to the world, its a stale theory). As the clock struck 1, thoughts just resigned and went back to sleep, leaving me wide awake.

I remember waking up feeling cold like on the Himalayas and high like after a hangover and mostly wanting to say good morning to the lovely host.

2 comments:

syntacto said...

this is a lovely, keep ur thoughts flowing... a true blog!

Chatter Box said...

I guess the host, paintings and Himalayas have always been an inspiration. Thanks for dropping by!