Monday, March 02, 2009

Connections

Connections are interesting things. I sometimes feel connected with my past and sometimes so distant from my present.I often feel I can spend a life time in the past or in imagination. Maybe at the end, the present will just not have a context. Possibly it is because I live life at a slower pace and can only relish so many moments. Which is why I don't make time for newer experiences. Either ways I have met a zillion people, conversed, shared silences or just air with some. However there are a few of them that I have connected with. Often I do find people connecting, but it is rare that I connect back. I wish the "once a connection always a connection" theory worked. But connections do fade and new ones do get established.

I met someone today. We spent time looking at fish, a species I never connected with thus far. Was it the moment or the instance, but I did strangely stare/gaze into the eyes of the fish.I think it has made me want to connect with them forever. I am not sure why some connections strike me so intensely and some just pass by life unnoticed. But my life has surely become worth the past because of the intense ones. As a kid, a frog in my garden taught me how to lose my fear to discover. Walking past marine drive, it was a kid selling joy for a living, that taught me how to appreciate life. Gazing at the sea taught me how to stay calm, walks around the school grounds talking about bio-degradable plastic with a friend taught me a different way to perceive life. Every such connection has made me want to live a few moments beyond time and savor it over and over again.


I am sure there is a whole lot to be lived. But I am happy to see that there is enough to go back and relive as well. It kind of makes me happy that my life has been worthwhile.

1 comment:

syntacto said...

Stay wired, stay happy :-). Nicely written