Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The white wonder!

Its been a rather hectic week. Fast paced, interesting, tiring and surprising.The week also took me to the Taj- Yes a wonder that I had never managed to see, but had always passed by. A wonder that had eluded me for long, finally struck a connection.

I had always had dreams of how I would see the Taj ( I tend to imagine and dream most parts of life that have not happened:-) I had my own picture of what this monument would look like. I had assumed I wouldn't be fascinated by it and it would be an overrated piece of art. However,the moment that I just set my eyes on this structure has been etched in my mind and heart forever. I am not sure what it was but I just felt a strange connection, some new life took over as I walked closer to the symmetrical, white, fascinating wonder. I felt I have known the place from ever. It would be extremely hard for me to jot down my exact feelings. All I know is that:

Afloat on the sea, a white bird I am.
Standing amidst time, I shine on.
The brazen finger that carved eternity
would have gazed at the moon all night.
Triumphing his creation of the day,
perfection! Inlays that many a eyes delight.
I stand! Time shy's away.
Yet,I remember the elephant roar,
the constant hands,
the lashes of the rain.
Symbolic of love, I stand .
Witness to flawless expression.
That between any two or just, you and me.

I am sure I will go back there some day just to reassure myself.



4 comments:

syntacto said...

Quite an erection aint it ;-).. Man it has managed to inspire the poet in you... Used to live there, could see it from anywhere in town and one day started walking towards it with an uncle who had come home ... and it was so damn far away ... Dad caught up with us and couldnt stop telling us how dumb we were :-D ... cant help but laugh at it now

Chatter Box said...

@syntacto: You are quite well travelled. Did you ever catch a glimpse of the black Taj? Do I really need too much of an inspiration to write poetry? I guess I blabber on!

RT said...

Nice poem! and keep the blabber going.. :)

Anonymous said...

Meetu - visited this space after a long time - good to see you chatar-pataring again.

I remember my mum telling me that when she saw the Taj Mahal she couldn't imagine that it had been constructed slab by slab...it looked like a greater force had just placed a piece of perfection on the land.