Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Black Swan

There is something about the dark which is also perfect.
You unleash, you let go, you come to terms with your inner self.
There is something about black that makes the hue complete.
It stains, it covers, it tarnishes, daub it over and you erase the white!

I have in me passion that stems from ghosts of my own making.
I have in me desire waiting to unravel in a moment ripe in spite.
I have in me venom stemming from the marvels of the day.
I have in me a song unsung to shatter the noise inside my soul.

Take over and let me out of bounds;
Ignite me to burn into ash the dead inside me.
Let the beauty be raw and undesirable at show.
I promise I will stand all white waiting to live again!


Inspired by the movie Black Swan!

Anything I write about the movie will not do justice to what I felt when I saw the movie. Sheer genius comes live in the story, the telling and the performance. I know I will always watch this movie and go back to the dark looking for something, feeling like the dark sides of me are after all not an illusion. The movie kept me absorbed all through. The story has me thinking beyond my sleep, the performance was flawless, the direction and camera work simply perfect! I recommend you watch the movie. I know I will many a times again.

4 comments:

syntacto said...

Will watch the movie! Lovely poem

Whimsical Queen said...

See, see, you liked it tooo... You should listen to me more often when I recommend a movie :P

Nischala said...

Very nice poem..

Sanchita said...

The silence belies the storm within
“Can she ever be the Swan Queen?”
Poised perfect graceful in white
Her control, her sadness, she drifts so light....
You can hear the sound of a falling pin
In the red of the madness which pierces her skin
Vile and envy snake up from within
Bile venom jealousy akin
She spins and spins in the darkness black
Passion unleashes in a thunderous crack!
Great wings of darkness unfold in the night
The Black Swan beholds her strength and might.
Alone she heaves her wings in pride
Powerful and triumphant; imperfections deride.
In Beauty she lived, as an Artist she died
Swathed in White, now the storm shall subside.

- Sanchita