Monday, August 22, 2011

My favorite songs of the month

I guess I have been listening to some amazing music. Not promising any of it is really new but just wanted to share my list nevertheless.

Race with the devil on a spanish highway (One the best jazz numbers)


Drumming is awesome, guitaring even better. It is sheer joy! Jazz in many ways is a game of maths, timing and numbers. Once you get the hang of it, it takes percussion to a different level and makes it an enjoyable experience.

A piece of Hindustani classical that is just too captivating to common man and otherwise. It is not too complex a piece but the benaras gharana tabla is just too appealing. Also the variety of notes and pitches the singer is able to touch at points is not easy to reproduce at all.



Jagjit singh at his best: Trying to get my hands on a recording I have on my disk. Love this one for the lyrics especially and there is a version where Jagjit sign shows the difference in the words Janaab and Huzur via his singing in the last stanza. That is the part that appeals the most to me.



Some amazing classical by a lady becoming my favourite: Malini Rajurkar:


Veena tai for I have a special affinity to her voice. Sounds like someone I know very much.

Heard her live in Bangalore and was a concert I will not forget.

Hope you all enjoy these as well.

No comments: