Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Look, a thousand tangled paths in that sea!






I hated walking as a child. Gimme some wheels and I would be most happy. My parents got to believe they have given birth to the worlds laziest child who graduated from parents arms straight to prams, bicycles, bikes, scooters, scooties and then to a car! However, I have realized that what I loved the most was really to discover. To find trails, paths that seemed less treaded but were heading somewhere. To look for treasures, secrets, meaning and reflections of some story in natures puzzle that was scattered all over.

I remember the one time I discovered a well, with a broken wall, in the middle of acres of arid land. I looked inside and saw a snake and thought that the snake was guarding it all these years. I once hit upon at least 20 identical 4 walled stone houses completely haunted a few miles beyond humanity. I hid there all day waiting for the smugglers to show up.

I feel a quaint rush of happiness, almost every time I spot a tree, a bird a church , a pond or just some beauty that nature has created somewhere. I believe every road is connected to every other.We just need to traverse the possibilities. After years, of driving I got myself a bicycle and found myself drawn again to exploring newer trails. Only this time I believe I had a clouded mind and polluted roads to break away from with my iPod. Nothing else had changed, if we really look there are small hidden nooks all around hiding something our mind otherwise misses to notice. I have traversed the same path several times and yet found myself discovering something new every single time. I don't know if life really has a purpose or if exploring is a means or an end. However, I do believe that Bangalore is a lovely city, step out and explore a little bit and you will find remnants of Goa, Rajashthan, The Grand Canyons and Europe in it. I have found a key, I will I guess look for the lock someday. Until then

"Cycle par sawaar, fiza mai mashgool, sunna hai us shor ko.
Jo chupke se kanon ma garaj ke, kuch dikha jaata hai mere aks ko..."

5 comments:

Whimsical Queen said...

What's life without the little twists n turns, few undiscovered places and haunts!
And I totally agree that there is no city like namma bengalooru city! So, next time around we can go finding new paths n plains near bannerghatta ;)

Chatter Box said...

@ Whimsical Queen: Yeah yeah. Get yourself a bicycle first!:-) I have no back seat:-(

dorota said...

FINALLY - new note! I will bring my bicycle with me :)

Chatter Box said...

@Dorota the yogi: Of course and I shall teach you how to perform yoga when cycling!

Dorota said...

Yeah.... this is going to be a very short bike ride