Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Together we are blind!

I started my day early, got a parking slot right in the front. Happy and smiley I was. After a long and tiring day I eventually get to my car and my foot finds its way straight into something. It was dark, I could barely see but..I could smell. I then turn on the flash light and see that my car has human poop all around. I was angry, bugged and just exasperated. Like which human poops around cars? Why do I work in an office where I cannot park my car in peace. Either I get scratches on my car or I am surrounded in the most hygienic of disinfectants. I see myself swearing at those souls that did this. Bugged, I drive back home just furious. I come home to a 3 bed roomed house with 3 washrooms, clean my shoes and continue to be angry. When the splash of water hits my feet, reality strikes me. A reality that I live in a country where more than 40% people do not have a house to live in, a bathroom to shelter their most private moments, a piece of cloth to protect themselves from the stormy rain or a meal to get them past a long laborious day. As a country we have been grappling with poverty, population for decades now. It angers me to see we have failed as a country, we have failed as citizens to do anything about this. I realize I am not angry with the poop, but with a nation that is actually full of folks who just learn to take shit, go back home drive in a luxurious car and cleanse their feet, wake up next morning ignoring the drudgery outside. I dont blame you reader, I dont blame anyone in particular, I just blame the community we form together, the nation that is us, the vision we all see putting our blind eyes together!

7 comments:

RT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RT said...

shaant gadhadhaari bheem, shaant!!
Shit happens :D

Chatter Box said...

@Rt: I know shit happens, over me most of the times:-d

Sonz said...

Just read a few of ur posts ... u write very well !!!

Chatter Box said...

@Sonali : thanks for dropping by and nice to see you after ages.

Dorota said...

that reminds me of my trip to udaipur, someone thrown poop at me, it ended up on my backpack, i think it was the boy who worked in a restaurant i refused to eat at because it looked very dirty... he was angry with me. Well, speaking of flying poop, have you heard about the peepoo solution? http://www.peepoople.com/showpage.php?page=3_0
I know, i know it won't heal the world, but it is designed to help with sanitazing human faeces and turning them into compost. it supposed to help and i hope it will be useful, it is so sad that so many people have no other choices :(

Sonz said...

yep , good to get in touch with you through ur blog !!