Thursday, February 12, 2009

Apart - Meant?

Getting an apartment furnished is quite an ordeal! Having an eye for detail even worse! Why cant edges be flat and not round? Why do people not make white plain fans any more? Why do most things I like turn out to be the most expensive? And why doesn't this ordeal get over? These are just a few questions that flash by so many times in the day. When I free myself of thoughts about inanimate objects, the carpenters, plumbers, painters and the like show up!

I am sure you all wonder whats the fuss all about. But lets take a small example - finalizing a kitchen! Now how difficult can it get right? After all one cooks, washes, stores and gets on with life. If you are filmy, you might sing love songs on your counter. But thats besides the point. I figured in all these months that it isn't all that simple. Colour, material, layout, handles, cost and an indecisive mind can work wonders and clock 3 months before you figure out what you want. Most of the time, the final decision is driven by exasperation as opposed to desire. Despite the ordeal, I think i have learnt a whole lot. I have added more people in my phone book, I have figured out numerous furniture shops and realized that shocking tastes do exist in this world.

However, I am looking forward to moving into my own place, cook, laze, have friends over at my new shack. I just hope this ordeal does come to an end. All friends are most invited.

1 comment:

RT said...

I like your post title.
And temm me about the apartment ordeal. And let me give you a piece of news. I moved last oct and its still not over for me.