Thursday, November 18, 2010

When one travels 10000 miles!

Today has been a strange day. I have not had much to do or had the excitement to make the most of the last day in this almost second home called the "Bay Area". Every time I do get on a plane to come to the US. I am super excited because I do get to see and meet most of my strongest connections in life. All my friends from ever and all known paths to traverse. However almost every time, I wait to get on that plane and get back. I guess I have in my mind figured out what is "home". There is something more compelling back here that wants me to go return. Is it the calm of my apartment? Is it the drive to work? Is it the music room that awaits when I get back from work? Is it my fishes? Or really is it the long tea breaks at work? The sunshine that I seek every morning? Or the moon that I guess I will begin to look out for every night? I don't know what it is but who cares! I had a very fulfilling trip and felt like I met the most important people that I cared for and in ways that made me happy. Thanks A, S and T for the lovely time I had in the bay. I thank all the babies who just made the trip worthwhile and also made me realize that I am ready or maybe not for motherhood! I feel very blessed for finding home so many miles away and for having the most wonderful friends who make life seem so worth it. Will miss you guys a lot more than I say I will. Yes! Yes! Even though I might want to board that plane. I know when I land I will miss those conversations, those bitching sessions, the coffee or tea rounds and the randomness. I will, I know always be told, I have the most weird set of friends. Well what else do you expect from a weirdo such as me!

3 comments:

Whimsical Queen said...

It is the long tea breaks at work ;);)

Tey said...

you abandoner! Come back soon.

A-Muse said...

Ditto as tey; My sheets need another round of perfume on them :)