Tuesday, January 04, 2011

The first conscious day into 2011

Today seems like my first conscious normal routine day into 2011 and lots has happened and not happened.

  • It is one of those drum easily days. I tried a lot of new stuff and innovation and it worked and sounded good. I also did not miss too much on timing. I guess familiar songs help since one just knows when to be innovative. Also complete focus was so easy today. It felt like I could have attempted more complex stuff today.
  • It is also a day when I have decided for good or for bad to just completely lose control and let go. I also decided that life is really better lived in the moment than in anticipation or memory. Not a new lesson, but strange how every time it feels like a new realization :-) Probably because closure is often what keeps most of us on hold most of the times. However, one possible way of closure is to accept it without knowing why.
  • I did not get out of my lazy routine and take charge of so many things on my mundane list. I do somehow have the intent to do that tomorrow. Bills, Taxes, Travel Claims and Pending Chores from ever!!! Sigh Sigh Sigh
  • In some strange ways I don't seem to want social interaction in abundance and feel extremely content locked up or not meeting people. It is one of those phases where excessive socializing can cause stress:-d leading to seclusion.
  • I seem to be hooked to facebook and the internet world of publishing information about myself. How strange is that. From being a critic to a contributor I have come a long way!
  • I look out of my french windows and for the first time it is not the sky but the land far away that I look at. Strange things happen and maybe the sky is for a dreamer and the land for a more practical person.
  • I decided to start a blog about the gadgets that I own. Trying to give back to the world, tips I looked for when I bough the stuff.

Whatever it is, I think the world of IT looks very lit up with small windows glittering with lights. Possibly folks sitting on computers still working in what looks like the office of a large software company in the tech park. There is a certain element of culture this mix has brought in which scares me. It scares me that all that was Bangalore, will be lost to the weekend mall folks, the compulsive spa couples or the bihari cooks that inhabit the space. But heck people call it Bengaluru anyways.

Sorry for the digression but I am never known to start and end things in the same way am I?

4 comments:

Mystic said...

i like this post, i say!

Chatter Box said...

@Mystic: Keep visiting and writing.

Whimsical Queen said...

Need the link of the other blog... NOW!!! :P

Chatter Box said...

@Whimsical Queen: You hardly bug gadgets. Will send it to you when it is a little done.