Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Favs

Anyone who knows me....knows the fact that I have the most bizarre and extreme tastes when it comes to music. I also tend to be super obsessed about a song for a phase of my life. I can listen to the same song endlessly on repeat mode for over a month. So I decided it is worthwhile to write down some of my fav songs and also figure out why I did like them when I did


My Top Songs for lyrics:

  • Tujhse Naraaz Nahin Zindagi : What a realistic song. It always reminds me of moments when I am angry about life but not really because I have no one to blame! Beautifully crafted and makes so much sense for the context of the movie
  • Dashte- Tanhai (Thanks Rads for it): What a piece of Poetry and sung so well by iqbal bano!
  • Hothon Se choo lo tum: Love and longing so beautifully expressed
  • Koi yeah kaise bataye ki woh tanha kyun hai: I mean sheer poetry!
  • Dil Cheez Kya Hai aap meri Jaan Lejiye: Is there a better way to express self renunciation?
  • Guncha koi tere naam kar diya: The voice, the situation and the moment just make this a charm
  • Save the best for last: I can relate to this at various moments of my life. Maybe my stories are so similar
  • Winner takes it all: Have I never felt like a loser?

Phases and Songs:

There are songs associated to phases, people and places in my life.

  • Tumse Yun Milenge: Literally reminds me of how I had never expected to meet someone randomly and bond over a song
  • All Compositions of Devdas/Dil Chahta hai/Chalte Chalte: My life in mumbai
  • Jaadu hai nasha hai: S's car, a bad theater in mumbai!
  • Peeloon: Dedicated to the mom and daughter in my  life and several trips where people were subjected to it
  • Teri Justajoo: Aah the lunch and screeching in my car with 3 of us singing!
  • Crying (Don McLean): A certain someone who introduced me to most passions in my life
  • Piya tose naina lage re: The song I was famous for in school!
  • Resham Ka (Ila Arun): My sister who thought I sounded like her. The only time she ever complimented my skills in singing.
  • Reason (hoobstank): Chicago
  • Believe (Cher): My detriot trip
  • Take Five: Can always listen to it and drum along
The list is actually endless....

Songs and music always fill my life and I am known to like the crazy "Sadnaal karle party" type songs to Jazz to Indian and western classical. I know I am kicked and most happy with my iPOD when running, cycling, walking or just driving to work in my car! I always wondered, if I was to lose one of my senses which one would kill me...I am yet to figure who wins between my ears (For I love music), My sense of smell (I cannot not smell) or my speech! (it is so hard to not speak!). There are a thousand more which have not got a mention today. But someday I will compose a list of 100 fav songs! Someday I will!

2 comments:

RT said...

Asoka, Bryan Adams?

Mystic said...

classics...truly. very nice list!